For a complete list of event details, please visit our Facebook Event Page.
Queen of Hearts Raffle Drawing at 8pm Wednesdays at Lindsay’s tavern. Drawings will be held weekly through October 23! Tickets can also be purchased throughout the week at County Market in Pittsfield.
Oct. 19-20: Fall Pickin’ Days on the Square: Picture Pittsfield is hosting Fall Pickin’ Days booths and activities on the Pike County, IL, Courthouse Lawn on Saturday, Oct. 19 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 20 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This is part of a county-wide event.
Oct. 26: Disc Golf Course Community Grand Opening: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.. The Lake Pittsfield Disc Golf Course is finished and ready to play! Come join us in celebrating the grand opening of the course from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. New to the game? Stop by early and the first 50 attendees will get a free Picture Pittsfield golf disc. Disc golfers will be on hand to show you the ropes… this is truly a sport for all ages! Think regular golf… only instead of clubs and a little white ball, it’s your arm and a flying disc! More experienced? A two-player scramble will kick off in the afternoon. More details to come, so mark your calendars and plan to spend the day out at the lake!
Dec. 1: Parade and Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on the Square 3-6 p.m. around the Pittsfield Square.
• Santa’s Parade from 3-3:30 p.m.
• Photos with Santa from 3:30- 4 pm. at Free Press Coffee House; Santa will then go to his house on the courthouse lawn from 4-5 p.m.
• Ornament Decorating from 3:30-5 p.m. – Kids and kids at heart can decorate a shatter-proof ornament to hang on the community tree on the courthouse lawn. Sponsored by Picture Pittsfield and the Pike County Art Guild.
• Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:15 p.m.; this will be done on the evergreen tree on the west side of the courthouse lawn.
• Christmas carols from 5:15 p.m. until 6 p.m.; will continue on at Free Press
We can use the community’s help:
• If you are interested in having a float in Santa’s Parade, contact Brandy Myers Gratton at (217) 617-2656 or by emailing email@example.com.
• If you are part of a choir that would like to sing a few Christmas carols, please contact Picture Pittsfield President Jessica Guthrie to get on the schedule and submit your song list (as lovely as it might be, we don’t need six “Silent Nights” in a row.) Contact info below.
• If you are a business owner on or near the Pittsfield square, we’d love for you to be open that afternoon/evening with Christmas decorations outside, Christmas carols playing, etc. There will be a lot of hungry families at 6 p.m., so restaurants may want to have some yummy dinner and dessert options. We’ll be happy to add you as a co-host to this Facebook event and promote any specials you’ve got going on.
• If you are a vendor who would like booth space for this event, contact Casey Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org.