To easily RSVP for our events, please visit our Facebook Event Page.
Feb. 13: Pittsfield’s Valentine Shopping Event: Picture Pittsfield’s Economic Development Committee is hosting the inaugural Valentine’s Day Shopping Event, featuring retailers and restaurants throughout the city! Shops will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (evening hours weather permitting). There will be exclusive sales, giveaways and refreshments at each location. A punchcard will be given to each shopper the day of the event and if you purchase something (any price) they get a stamp/punch from that store. The shoppers who fill their punch card with the most punches get to enter a drawing for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to them. We hope you’ll join in the fun! Click here for the Facebook Event.
Feb. 20: Picture Pittsfield’s Second Annual Town Hall meeting at the John Wood Community College Southeast Center in Pittsfield at 7:30 p.m. on February 25, 2020. Doors open at 7 p.m. and informational booths will be available before the presentation. The purpose of this town hall meeting update the public on Picture Pittsfield accomplishments in 2019 and inform Pittsfield residents of our plans and projects for 2020 and beyond. Each of the three committees, Business Development, Tourism & Life, and Parks & Recreation, will host booths to show off their project plans and talk to the public about future goals. Cookies and punch will be provided.
Feb. 27: Old Monroe Salon Cash Mob: Help Picture Pittsfield support our locally-owned businesses! Join us for February’s Picture Pittsfield Cash Mob! We are going to “mob” Old Monroe Salon, and pledge to spend money there on Thursday, Feb. 27. We’ll have giveaways, specials and a party atmosphere as we have fun, eat and shop! February is also the year anniversary for Picture Pittsfield Cash Mobs! A year ago February we kicked off our first Cash Mob at J. Roberts Jewelers… Come celebrate with us at Old Monroe Salon! 130 N. Monroe St., Pittsfield
March 19: Spring Equinox Courthouse Glow: Picture Pittsfield and the Pittsfield Lodge #790 Ancient Free and Accepted Masons are hosting an informal event at the Pike County Courthouse starting at 6:45 p.m. Thursday, March 19, on the west side of the courthouse. During the vernal equinox, or first day of spring, the setting sun hits the courthouse just right and the center of it “glows” orange. This event will be canceled if the sun isn’t shining.
March 26: Quarterly Volunteer Meeting: Picture Pittsfield: 5:30-6:30 p.m. at John Wood Community College in Pittsfield. Volunteers meet quarterly to celebrate wins, plan future projects and welcome new volunteers. For the first 30 minutes, we meet as a large group, discuss organization-wide topics and look back at what we accomplished the past few months. The last half of the meeting will be for the committees to break out and discuss upcoming projects and acclimate new volunteers. This QVM will serve as Picture Pittsfield’s bylaw required Annual Meeting.
May 16-17: Spring Pickin’ Days on the Square: Picture Pittsfield is hosting Spring Pickin’ Days booths and activities on the Pike County, IL, Courthouse Lawn on Saturday, May 16 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, May 17 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This is part of a county-wide event.
Oct. 17-18: Fall Pickin’ Days on the Square: Picture Pittsfield is hosting Fall Pickin’ Days booths and activities on the Pike County, IL, Courthouse Lawn on Saturday, Oct. 17 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 18 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This is part of a county-wide event.
Nov. 29: Deer Santa Festival Kickoff: Parade and Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on the Square 3-6 p.m. around the Pittsfield Square.
• Santa’s Parade from 3-3:30 p.m.
• Photos with Santa from 3:30- 4 pm. at Free Press Coffee House; Santa will then go to his house on the courthouse lawn from 4-5 p.m.
• Ornament Decorating from 3:30-5 p.m. – Kids and kids at heart can decorate a shatter-proof ornament to hang on the community tree on the courthouse lawn. Sponsored by Picture Pittsfield and the Pike County Art Guild.
• Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:15 p.m.; this will be done on the evergreen tree on the west side of the courthouse lawn.
• Christmas carols from 5:15 p.m. until 6 p.m.; will continue on at Free Press
We can use the community’s help:
• If you are interested in having a float in Santa’s Parade, contact Brandy Myers Gratton at (217) 617-2656 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are part of a choir that would like to sing a few Christmas carols, please contact Picture Pittsfield President Jessica Guthrie to get on the schedule and submit your song list (as lovely as it might be, we don’t need six “Silent Nights” in a row.) Contact info below.
• If you are a business owner on or near the Pittsfield square, we’d love for you to be open that afternoon/evening with Christmas decorations outside, Christmas carols playing, etc. There will be a lot of hungry families at 6 p.m., so restaurants may want to have some yummy dinner and dessert options. We’ll be happy to add you as a co-host to this Facebook event and promote any specials you’ve got going on.
• If you are a vendor who would like booth space for this event, contact Casey Beck at email@example.com.